WMC-LA key staff has completed numerous landscape architectural projects with unique environmental features and development programs. The Landscape Architecture Studio has designed public parks, recreation facilities, streetscapes, urban plazas, and mixed-use commercial and residential complexes. WMC-LA has taken a strong stance on integration of green strategies into projects to assist in stormwater management and to promote environmental health. From large scale campus plans to small scale intimate courtyards, the WMC-LA has successfully completed and continues to work on exciting projects in the Washington DC area and beyond.
WMC-LA’s landscape architectural expertise also includes completing numerous low impact design landscape strategies in unique urban environments. The design and implementation of these advanced stormwater treatments have proved to be beneficial creating urban greenspace while helping to reduce the load on the centralized stormwater system. The landscape architecture studio has completed varying scopes and sizes of projects. Design driven by standards and guidelines to fully customized design, WMC-LA’s staff can develop drawings and oversee construction to ensure a successful completed site.
Landscape Architecture Highlights
- Full landscape architecture services from concepts through construction documentation and construction administration
- Stand alone landscape architecture studio with internal civil studio that provides the availability to fully design and develop the site
- A design philosophy of creating great people spaces integrated with green site solutions
- Staff includes registered Landscape Architects that are LEED accredited professionals
- Staff registered in Virginia and Maryland
- Sites range from large scale campus plans to small scale intimate courtyards
On The Boards
- Deanwood Town Center
- Captial Vista
- The Grove
- 4001 South Capitol Street, SW
- 1255 22nd Street, NW
- 1400 L Street, NW